Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Safety on the 'net - week 2, post 1

I do everything right.

I have disabled cookies for passwords, choosing to type in my password
EACH and EVERY time.

I use different passwords for different accounts.
I DON'T use mmn, home address, year of birth.

I frequently change passwords.

I do not save passwords in a word doc on my computer.
I write them down the old-fashioned way using pen and paper.

Had my checking account compromised Thanksgiving weekend, cutting short my plans to shop.
Someone else had fun shopping on my dime, buying electronics and high-end purses.

Numerous trips and/or phone calls to bank. Still don't know how it happened.

The bank adamantly denied that something on their end might have caused this.

Realized after this experience, that I know more about internet safety than my bank does.

This frightens me.

No comments: